2010年12月26日星期日

Fuel Supply line Check Valve

I'd like to replace my check valve on the Fuel Supply line in my 9-5.
The arrow in the photo points to the union between the fuel line and the
(white) check valve. the plastic fuel line is really hard stuff, I
considered using a heat gun or maybe a hose removal tool. Has anyone
out there been successful in separating the check valve from the fuel
line without having to cut the line? I would rather not cut the line if
I don't have to. I'm wondering if there's a tool out there that will
assist with this process?

I should mention that the point of the exercise is to eliminate a
problem with hard starting when cold. I've read that the check valve
"ball" can stick in the valve, allowing fuel to drain back into the tank
when the car sits overnight, which in turn means a longer cranking time
to get your fuel pressure back up in the morning. I've tried cleaning
and or replacing many other parts to solve this issue, replacing the
check valve and replacing or rebuilding the battery cables are about all
that I have left to try.

From the originalcheckValve
.

没有评论:

发表评论